The goal of this project was to analyze, handset, characterize pattern, variations and design in the font that was assigned to you.I was given the the font Futura.The second part, we had to do was to visually communicate the anatomy of a letter. Finally the part three, we had to When I heard that I got Futura,I got excited to do the project because my graphic design style leans towards the swiss style or the International style, which convey this feeling of clean, sharp,readable,to the point style. I hope that made sense.
I did so and so in this project because I fail to complete the whole project but,I might redo this project.It was a very interesting project because it forced you to get really familiar with your font. There was no way around it. Now, I think that I can look at a font and analyze the subtle variations in each letterform it has(especially Futura!).I got familiar with the font on part 1,where we had to type out four of its font families.It was a pain to line up the x-height, baseline, cap height,ascender line and finally the descender line on all the four families. Furthermore, I struggle the most on part two, where we had to make a total of four compositions highlighting a specific area of anatomy of a letter. I struggle because if I would put too much emphasis on the design I would lose the actual content/information I was trying to communicate but on the other hand, if I put more emphasis on the content/information it would not be designing.It would just be slapping some text on the page. Finding a middle ground for design and content prove to be a difficult task. The charlette was actually kind fun to do because it helped me see the all directions I could take the idea to. The project refreshed my memory on the anatomy, become aware of the variations across each family had to one other and what glyphs actually are. I had no idea what glyphs were before this project.